WISE STEPS PROJECT
LD:NorthEast are specialist partners within the wise steps project, and we support people around wellbeing. We aim to improve individual’s physical/mental wellbeing and confidence on their journey to approach employment by:
- Building confidence to use transport independently, travel training to develop knowledge of new areas and locations. This could be inline with meeting coaching partners or attending settings where participants may need to travel to for training or volunteering purposes.
- Supporting individuals to access social/friendship groups, we can accompany participants in order to build confidence until they feel ready to attend independently, supporting to develop social skills and improve self esteem.
- Working with groups, where appropriate e.g. facilitate workshops if there is a need.
- Supporting with healthy living – this could be by supporting with healthy eating/cooking and shopping, attending medical/benefit appointments in order to reduce anxieties.
- Numeracy / literacy support, accessing courses, getting people enrolled and supporting them through the course.
- Confidence building based on individual need.
- Support with developing everyday living skills, e.g. budgeting, keeping safe – reporting hate crime, cleanliness and hygiene.
If you would like to know more please contact Michelle on 0191 2622261 or at firstname.lastname@example.org