Would you consider rounding up all of those copper coins around your house and donate them to your local Wallsend based charity – LD:NorthEast?
On 3rd May 2018 LD:NorthEast will host The Great Wallsend Copper Drop, with a fundraising target of £1,000. You can drop your coppers off at any time of course, but 3rd May is our target date and staff / volunteers will be on hand to receive donations from the public as well as collect from businesses and schools. Can you help make a difference to the lives of vulnerable people?
We would be thrilled if you could donate any amount. From just a few pence to that jar that might have a few pounds in it!
- 10 people donating 5 x 2p and 10 x 1p can provide a two hour art and craft session for someone.
- 5 people donating 10 x 2p an 20 x 1p can support someone to take part in a music session.
- 50 people donating 5 x 2p and 10 x 1p can pay for five people to attend a social group where they can meet friends and enjoy life.
Many of the people we support have very few people in their lives. Our work supports people to do the things that many of us take for granted. Things like having some fun, meeting friends and feeling good about ourselves. People tell us that our work is life changing for many and life saving for some.
Please consider helping us on 3rd May (or before) with our appeal. Every 1p or 2p coin will make a difference.
Every person, school or business who donates will be mentioned on our website and social media as we thank the generous people of Wallsend (and beyond!) for taking part.
Here’s how to donate:
- Call into our office on 205, Park Road, Wallsend, NE28 7NL (8:30-5pm each weekday)
- On 3rd May, from 7:30am until 7pm – just drive past and we will collect from you
- If you have a large amount to donate, contact us. We will collect.
- Schools and Businesses – let us know and we will collect from you.
- If you find any old £1 coins during your search, please feel free to include them!
- Send us pictures of your coin collections and we will put them on our website or on social media
For more information, contact Lisa on 07949 990275 or at firstname.lastname@example.org